- 1985 : Year founded : created in 1985, Ecritel was one of the trailblazers in the digital communications field in France.
- 1995 : Launch of the website hosting activity
- 2001 : The stoppage of integration activities : following the burst of the dot-com "bubble", Ecritel responded by specialising exclusively in hosting on a facilities management basis and disposed of its website creation business activities.
- 2003 : The opening of two Parisian datacentres at housers : Ecritel continued its specialisation strategy, choosing to outsource the housing activities. Ecritel opened two rooms with Parisian housers and closed the datacentre at its premises in Paris in order to concentrate its investments on IT and network equipment. Around the same time, Ecritel took over the hosting activities of several competitors.
- 2006 : A pioneer in Cloud computing in France : as a trailblazer in the virtualisation of infrastructure, Ecritel was already able to offer hosting on virtual servers for its clients.
- 2008 : Opening of the business in Shanghai (China)
- 2009 : Opening of the business in Montreal (Canada)
- 2010 : Acquisition of CDN Technologies : Ecritel could now propose content acceleration services. In expanding its range of services to optimise its Cloud platform, it is now able to respond better to its e-commerce clients’ needs.
- 2011 : Opening of the business in São Paulo (Brasil)
- +15 years’ experience in hosting on a facility-management basis
- 7 datacentres around the world
- A group turnover of €15M in 2010
- An annual growth rate of 25%